Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finally

It will have taken over 8 1/2 years, but Phish will finally deign to play a show in the second largest market in the country, the Los Angeles area (no, the Coachella Valley doesn't count) when they pull in to the Hollywood Bowl on August 8th for a one-niter. It's a great place to see a show and as a bonus, I can catch the Red Line and avoid the nightmare parking situation.

I'm tempted to go to the next two shows up in Lake Tahoe, but with the small capacity (7,200), it's going to be a tough ticket and I.....guess I'm getting old because I don't want to spend the money on a plane + hotel + transport to go to the shows, not to mention the hassles of traveling.

I'll settle for the Outside Lands festival up in Golden Gate Park, with Phish headlining on Friday the 12th and the awesome MUSE on Saturday the 13th. I'd love to see The Decemberists again, but knowing my luck (and lack of it), they'll probably play on Sunday, when I have to come home. Rumors persist that Phish will play a show on Saturday at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, but that would be a dilemma, conflicting with MUSE and all. I'm not even sure Outside Lands sell single-day tickets but it's a thought.

Here's hopin' that Phish plays The Curtain (With) [sound starts if you click through] at at least one of the shows I go to!

No comments: